Work Smart, No Hard: Social Media Schedule
- A good social media strategy requires goal setting and planning.
- It’s best to place your social media content a month at a time. To make this easier, you can use the free tool, Buffer.
- Buffer is like your personal social media assistant. It’s pretty simple: you add updates to your Buffer queue and it will be posted for you well spaced out over the day, and at the best times.
If you’re doing social media right, then your business is probably using multiple platforms and posting 3-4 times a week. With so much content, it’s hard to keep track of what gets posted on Facebook vs. Instagram vs. Twitter vs. Youtube. Just like with other aspects of your business, it’s important to practice planning and goal setting with your social media strategy. And since you already learned about how to create viral content in this blog post, then you’re ready to schedule your social media calendar. But what’s the best way to organize all of this information? Is there one place or tool that can help you store all of your content?
Look no further than with the free tool, Buffer.
So what is Buffer?
Buffer is a new and smarter way to share what you want to share on social media. Think of it as your personal social media assistant. It’s pretty simple: you add updates to your Buffer queue and it will be posted for you well spaced out over the day, and at the best times.
It’s like your magic box you can use anytime to fill with great Tweets, Facebook stories or LinkedIn updates. Just drop them in and you don’t have to ever worry about when it will be posted, it’s all taken care of by Buffer.
Who is using Buffer?
Here are a few types of people who are finding Buffer useful, maybe you are one of them?
- Mary is reading a lot of great content every day, but doesn’t want to flood her followers and friends with too much of the good stuff at once. By using Buffer, her shares will be spaced out and posted at optimal times. She simply Buffers everything she finds and makes anyone following her happy and herself awesome on Social Media.
- Ben is using Social Media for his business and needs to save time on posting interesting stuff. With Buffer, he can spend a few minutes filling up his Buffer queue and will be sure to keep his fans and followers posted with great content day in day out.
- Tanya is managing lots of different Social Media accounts and also collaborates with others on some non-profit and agency accounts for updates. With Buffer she can add to lots of different accounts all from one place and add team members, to make consistent sharing easy for her.
How to use Buffer?
- Connect your social media accounts to Buffer. After you create a free account, you’ll need to connect all of your social media accounts to the app. You can connect any of the following accounts: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, app.net, and Google+
- Use the Content tab to create posts. You’ll see a comment box (like one you would see on Facebook or Twitter), and you can include any texts or photos for your posts.
- Select the channels where you want to share. All your channel options appear above your post–just click the ones you want to share to.
- Schedule. You have the options to share now, or to schedule.